All redemptions are also subject to our general terms and conditions
1. Gift vouchers must be purchased online from our website and may not be resold
2. Email delivery
2.1. A pdf gift voucher will be sent as an attachment to your confirmation email for you to send on or print out to give to your recipient, which will include details on how to redeem the voucher. You should receive this immediately and no longer than 1 hour after making a purchase.
2.2 If you have not received an email and it has been more than an hour since placing an order, firstly please check all email folders including your junk folders. If you still do not have the email please contact us.
2.3. We do not take responsibility for email addresses which have been incorrectly submitted, either during the booking process or afterwards. Please check you have entered the correct details on the booking form before submitting the form and forward emails with care. If you believe you have made an error please contact us immediately.
3.4. If you have reason to believe a gift voucher has not reached the desired recipient, please get in touch and let us know. If the voucher has not been used, we will cancel and void the voucher code and issue a new gift voucher.
4.1 Gift vouchers cannot be returned or refunded (except in accordance with
your legal rights)
- 5. Redeeming Gift Vouchers
- 5.1 All guests making a booking through any payment method, including gift voucher redemption, are also bound by the general terms and conditions of booking.
- 5.2. The voucher’s validity or expiration date will be clearly printed on the voucher or accompanying email.
- 5.3. To redeem your gift voucher please make a booking as you usually would and once you reach the booking summary input your voucher number where asked.
- 5.4. Your unique voucher number can be found on the front of your gift voucher. This is a one-time use code only.
- 5.5. You do not need to bring a printed gift voucher with you on your visit but you may be asked to confirm the gift voucher code so please ensure you have it available.
- 5.6. Experience vouchers are valid for the experience stated on the voucher only, it cannot be used for special events or towards purchases in the shop.
- 5.7. Monetary vouchers can be used against tickets, shop items or in the café. Any remaining balance will be given to you on a paper receipt to be used in lieu of a voucher towards another purchase.
- 5.8. Gift vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- 5.9. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable.
- 5.10. This voucher has no monetary value and can only be used at York’s Chocolate Story. Unless otherwise stated it is for use for standard admission only, and may not be used against special events or experiences.
- 5.11. No change is available, the voucher can only be used for a visit for an adult or child as stated on the voucher.
- 5.12. This voucher cannot be replaced if lost
- 5.13. The vouchers do not apply to the online shop
- 5.14. Cancellation of booking within 48 days of arrival will render the voucher null and void.
- 5.15. If you fail to arrive for your booking the gift ticket will be redeemed and become null and void
York’s Chocolate Story reserve the right to change these terms and conditions if necessary and will endeavour to inform guests of any changes